SkyCig? Don’t even bother – A SkyCig review

So, I received my SkyCig a few days ago. After taking 4 working days to come, and paying rather a lot for the postage, it wasn’t a great first impression.

skycig box review


In the mean time I’ve been expanding my knowledge about electronic cigarettes, in order to provide you with quality articles and facts. At the end of my long and painstaking research, I begin to wish I’d never ordered the SkyCig.

Let’s get one thing straight here. SkyCig’s marketing is spot on. The design is smooth, sleek, and aimed at those wishing to quit cigarettes – and it’s spot on. However, this is the only thing that SkyCig does well.
Below are a few pictures of my SkyCig Freedom unboxing. It does look great, everything’s well designed and put together, and it all comes in a nice little box.

skycig review 2


But I personally (and perhaps you too) wanted something that would perform – and SkyCig doesn’t.
After taking the £10 trial pack and having it give up on me after a day, the same thing happened here. To start with it was great – the flavours were strong, the smoke produced was plentiful, and I was quite happy. However, I woke up the next day to find that it just stopped working.

I charged the battery correctly, and waited patiently for it even though I was craving a real cigarette. When finished, I take a few puffs to find that…

1) the flavour doesn’t taste right. The cartomizers that SkyCig use are obviously complete duds – the promise is that 1 cartomizer provides an average of 30 cigarettes worth of smoking.

This is a complete lie. I got no more than about 5 cigarettes worth out, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was less. The flavour diminished with every puff, and at the end all I could taste was burning – from all of them. This was an incredible disappointment.



2) the battery life is, to put it nicely, awful. It is absolutely atrocious. It seemed like I had to put it on charge every 5 minutes, and the case didn’t prove to be very useful. What use is it if you can take 2-3 poor puffs, then have to stick it back on charge for another hour? It’s a joke, and a complete waste of money.

I’ve tried to keep this review from being too negative, but really there is nothing positive to say about SkyCig. The design is nice, but the performance and everything else that goes with it is absolutely atrocious. Wondering if I received a dud, I contacted customer service, and all I got was copied and pasted instructions on how to work it – an absolute insult. I had no problems using and operating it – it was the device itself that was just poorly made.

My conclusion is that if you are looking for something to start with, please, please don’t use SkyCig. It’s overpriced garbage that barely works, and after a few more days of research I ordered a decent starter electronic cigarette kit from somewhere else, and it’s an absolute dream (while being 10x cheaper).

Read my post of what to buy if you’re a starter in the coming days, and I’ll also be posting what you need to know as a beginner. If I’d have known this stuff, I would have steered clear of SkyCig and saved myself £50.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Skycig £4 for delivery!

Ciggys £0

Skycig customer service is good until you have a problem and need a replacement battery and they tell you you need to post it back to them at your expense then you have to wait for however long while they test it before they send you out a new one!

Ciggys sent me a replacement the next day and apologised.

Great customer service free delivery on all of their products and i cant recommend them enough

DONE :)

http://www.ciggyselectroniccigarettes.co.uk/

MMO said...

You should try jacvapour.com great service and products. You can even get a 15% discount using the code: MMF

Nice saving, I have used them a few times with no problem. Quality products.