Cartomizers or Clearomizers?

I thought I'd do a quick post comparing cartomizers and clearomizers, so it will give those fairly new to e-cig smoking a chance to make a decision based on my opinion. I will be comparing, due to my experience, Boge 510 cartomizers and vision ego clearomizers.

You will need a real e-cigarette for either of these, and by this I mean not a little electronic cigarette sized battery. You need something with a '510 thread' (look for this when buying your ecig), and all 'ego' batteries. Be sure to look for a vendor that specifies and sells these batteries.

So, if you're looking for a cartomizer or clearomizer review or comparison, here you go. I've tried both quite a few times now, and I have settled on a favourite. Both have strong points and weaknesses, and I'll do my best to start out.

Firstly, the cartomizer (specifically the Boge 510 cartomizers). Cartomizers were the first thing I went for when I got my Riva 1100 electronic cigarette, and I used them for a good few weeks.


Positives
- Cheap price
- Need little juice to run for hour
- Easy to use once you get the hang of it
- 1 will last 4 days to a week, depending on how often you use it

Negatives
- A bit fiddly at first
- Not as much flavour compared to cartomizers
- Can build up with e-juice 'gunk' (however, you'll just throw them away as they are sold as disposable)



Now, personally I have favoured the following - clearomizers. I find them suitable for my needs, so here's my summary.


Positives
- Look great (come in a huge range of colours!)
- Really easy to fill up (just pop the tip off and pour the liquid in)
- Last for quite a while (a couple of weeks depending on use)
- Some are rebuildable  meaning you can buy new 'wicks' (the string inside that soaks up and burns the juice) meaning money saved
- Taste is strong, and throat hit is very good

Negatives
- Go through juice at a high rate (I find myself refilling very often)
- Fairly expensive (£5-£6 for 1 is the going rate)
- Has a tendency to leak - all of mine so far have leaked a week or two after buying them

I'm not going to bore you with long, technical details; they're unnecessary. I suggest that you buy a pack of cartomizers and a clearomizer, and see which one you prefer to use on your e-cig. It really is a personal thing, and both are very good. There are also 'tanks', which I'll cover in a later post, but for now, get started with these and see which one you prefer. Let me know which you smoke/vape with regularly!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you think of the vivi nova? Am having problems with it and was thinking of switching to clearos but am worried because of the leak issue. I had better luck with the carto/tank set up and am regretting experimenting with wick/coil atomizers

buy ecigs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I ordered a viva nova once, and straight away I just couldn't get on with it. Although it's light and looks really nice, it just seemed like a huge hassle. In addition, mine started leaking within a week. Whether that was me using it wrong I'm not sure, but I find clearos smaller, easier, cheaper and better to use.