E-Juice In Mouth?

Should you be worried if you get e juice in your mouth? Are there any negative side effects of getting e-juice in your mouth? Well, don't worry too much - this post will clear things up.

I'm pretty sure most e-cigarette users have got a little e juice in their mouths at some point in their e-cig career - I know I have. FYI, the first time I got my own proper e-cig, the Riva 1100, I not only filled the clearomizer up in the wrong way, but I tipped the whole thing up to much, causing some to leak into my mouth!

Initially I panicked, so, like all of us who have grown up relying on the internet for information, I Googled 'e-juice in mouth'...

Turns out my worry was for nothing really. Why?

Although the nicotine in e-juice is extremely toxic and can be fatal, it is diluted so much that a tiny bit going in to your mouth shouldn't cause anyone any harm. This was extremely relieving to hear, but not only did I get some in my mouth, I often spilt it over my hands. I was still worried, but I'm living proof that it's not harmful or fatal to spill a tiny amount of e-juice in your mouth or on your body.

Now, don't get me wrong - nicotine can still kill you, as can e juice. So, now I must mention some obvious things - NEVER EVER drink e-juice, as you will probably die. If you spill a whole bottle over yourself, you'l probably feel some dreadful side effects, maybe including death. To comply with health and safety regulations, you should always wear gloves, preferably rubber surgeon gloves, when filling up your e-liquid.

For those of you that mix your own, well, you should know that you shouldn't be handling e-juice or nicotine at all without taking all necessary precautions - gloves, tissues, etc. Handling non-distilled (e.g. pure, not mixed into a juice) nicotine can kill you.

So, to conclude, getting a little e juice in your mouth won't necessarily cause any side effects, as long as it's a small amount. It's best to rinse your mouth out and wash your hands to be sure, and be more careful in the future!

0 comments: