Things to bear in mind when reading reviews of e-liquids and flavours



I've been smoking an electronic cigarette for quite some times now, and have tasted at least 30+ different flavours, from different vendors and mixers. I've tried everything from a Marlboro Red replication to Mint Choc Chip, and while I have found some lovely flavours, even more have, to me, been disgusting.

A lot of people search for other people's reviews on e-liquid, and are often looking for recommendations. The thing to bear in mind though is that everyone has different tastes and preferences, and it is not guaranteed that you will even remotely like the same e-liquid that somebody else does.

This being said, I've discovered that there are a few rules to go for when buying e-liquid. These are:

1. Order samplers! If you think you like the sound of Strawberry Ice Cream, make sure you buy a sampler of it first. Most reputable vendors/sellers will allow you to purchase a small 5ml sample, and this is more than enough to decide if you like the flavour. Don't splash out on a big order just because you think you like the sound of it - I thought I loved the sound of a Ferrero Rocher replica, but when it came I was repulsed. I was glad I didn't spend much cash though, and wrote it off and trial and error - which is crucial!

2. Order a good variety of flavours. When I first started smoking my e-cigarette (a.k.a vaping), I thought getting a Tobacco flavour was the smartest thing to do. While it tasted good for a day or two, I quickly got bored, and wished I ordered something fruity or creamy. Make sure you have a good amount to choose from when you feel in the mood - I generally use Menthol flavour, and then change to fruity desserts when I feel like it.

You will eventually find something with which you say "I can smoke that all day!", but it usually won't come straight away. Don't give up!

3. Read what a lot of people are saying about the flavour. If the overwhelming majority of people are posting reviews on how much the love the flavour, then give it a try! I plan to try Grant's Vanilla Custard, simply because of the huge amount of positive reviews it has.

4. Not all e-liquids are mixed the same every time. They will not always turn out the exact same way when mixed and created unless you find an incredibly experienced and accurate mixer. For UK 'vapers' or e-cig vendors, Grizwald's juices at VapeEscape have fantastic reviews, and the site is brilliantly run and easy to order from.

5. Steep your freshly mixed e-liquids! Steeping is the process of letting your mix sit for 48+ hours plus, with the cap off, in a cool, dark place. This gives the liquid time to mix and settle, and you'll often find it vastly improves the flavour of the liquid.

6. Bear in mind that the longer you stop smoking real cigarettes, the more your taste buds will change, and the more you're likely to like flavours you previously hated. This is because smoking destroys your tastebuds, so after a few weeks give a load of different flavours a try.

These are a few things to bear in mind, so when I post some reviews about the various e-liquids I've tried, bear these rules in mind. They'll save you money, time, and effort, and you'll have a more enjoyable e-cig experience.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing these things so that the peoples who are in a habit of taking e-cigarette can read this and due to this can quit this habit electronic cigarette reviews