SkyCig Starter Kit Review & First Impressions


Positives

  • Quality feel and sleek design
  • Plenty of smoke
  • Great tasting cartridges
  • Good price

Negatives

  • Short battery life (apparently addressed with bigger kit)
  • Fairly slow delivery


So my first adventure into the world of electronic cigarettes begin with a review of SkyCig. Perhaps the most popular and certainly most marketed e-cig brand in the UK at the moment, SkyCig have a sleek website, a decent amount of flavours to choose from, and what seems like reasonable prices. I'd say it's the perfect place to start for a beginner such as myself.

Not wanting to risk too much financially (even though I throw away £10 daily on tobacco), I bought the £10 'starter kit', which included:


  • Battery
  • USB Charger
  • Mains Adaptor
  • 3 Cartridges - Flavours Tobacco, Crown Tobacco and Menthol. (Equivalent to 30 cigarettes each.)


The delivery was fairly slow. I ordered on a Saturday morning, so perhaps that is why it took a bit longer than I thought it would (as SkyCig seem to operate 9-5 Monday to Friday), and it took until Wednesday to get to me. Although I paid £3.99 for the delivery, I'll write this off as an oversight on my part for now.


The package looks great, I'm not going to lie. A black box shaped like a cigarette box contained the 3 small cartridges and the battery. For a picture (and the offer) check out http://www.skycig.co.uk/sun2.

I was pleasantly surprised. I have seen other e-cigs in the past and thought they looked cheap and tacky, but this one looks subtle, classy, and feels quality. It's weight at the battery end, which my partner doesn't like, but I don't mind it at all. Obviously it's heavier than a normal cigarette, but not too much.

The instructions are clear and simple. You simple screw the battery into the USB charger, and the light on the charger changes from green to red to indicate the device is charging, and then back to green when it is done.

So, charging done, the real test began. Smoking. And I must say that I personally thought it was fantastic.

The taste of all 3 are significantly different, quite akin to their names (Menthol, Tobacco). However, compared to a normal cigarette the taste is one million times better, and that's no lie. I assume all are medium strength (12mg), but they all provided a satisfying throat hit every time. The smoke was also plentiful and creamy, which was a joy to smoke.

I won't break the flavours down as you'll probably have a favourite different to me, but they all taste very nice, and with a few yet to try I'm sure I'll find a solid favourite.

One drawback however is the battery. Having taken it to work, it lasted for a total of about 2-4 hours without being used very much. Being the smoker I am, this led me to buy a pack of real cigarettes halfway through my day, which in turn tasted disgusting after using the SkyCig for a day and a half. I couldn't wait to get back to it.

Indeed, SkyCig have addressed this issue by releasing an edition that charges your cig on the go via a case, so I'll be buying that soon and posting a review.

And that's the end of my SkyCig review and first impressions. I'm not a pro e-cig smoker, just a beginner, but I feel that buying the starter kit has definitely made me want to buy some more cartridges. I was impressed by the quality and taste, not so with the battery, but overall the experience was a very positive one, and for £10 it was definitely worth the try.

For the offer I used check out http://www.skycig.co.uk/sun2.

Until next time.

0 comments: